Created by San Francisco bartender Drew Record, this holiday drink combines “scotch to warm the soul, sherry to pique the intellect, Bénédictine to trigger the nostalgia, and mint to settle the tummy,” Record says.
Prep for a Party: More Whisky Punches
- 1 750 ml bottle Aberfeldy 12 year old (or other Highland single malt)
- 10 oz. Palo Cortado sherry or oloroso sherry
- 8½ oz. Bénédictine D.O.M. liqueur
- 13½ oz. brewed spearmint tea (recipe below)
- 10 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1-2 bouquets of fresh mint
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl. Garnish with bouquets of mint dusted with powdered sugar. Add large ice cube (as large as will fit the bowl). If using smaller cubes, add just before guests arrive. Serve in punch or rocks glasses. Serves 12-15.
- 4 spearmint tea bags
- 13½ oz. water
Steep tea bags in near-boiling water. Cool before using.