Created by Maxime Belfand, bar director at Saxon + Parole and Ghost Donkey in New York City, this smoky American twist on the English classic makes for easy fall drinking. “The allspice dram adds character, blackberry adds sweetness, and ginger ale brightens things up while playing to the peated whisky,” Belfand says.
Spice Your Whisky Up With More Cocktail Recipes
- ¾ oz. Westland Peated American single malt (or other peated American single malt)
- 1 oz. Pimm’s No. 1 liqueur
- ½ oz. blackberry syrup (recipe below)
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. allspice dram (such as St. Elizabeth)
- Fever-Tree Smoky ginger ale
- Garnish: Orange slice, mint sprig, 2 blackberries
Add all ingredients except ginger ale to a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a fancy footed Highball glass. Top with ginger ale and garnish with orange slice, mint sprig, and blackberries.
- ½ cup blackberries, sliced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
Combine all ingredients in a pot over high heat until boiling. Remove from heat and let cool for an hour. Strain liquid into a glass container with a lid. Keep refrigerated for up to five days.