This drink was created by Lily Neff, bartender at Longman & Eagle in Chicago. “A sweet and salty cocktail. Brown and stirred to perfection. Bright apple flavor accompanied by rich autumnal spices. Perfect for jean jacket weather. Get comfy,” says Neff.
More Apple Cocktails to Pick
- 1¼ oz. Clyde May’s Alabama style whiskey (or straight bourbon)
- ¾ oz. Laird’s apple brandy
- ¼ oz. maple syrup
- 6 drops saline (equal parts salt and water)
- 6 drops Angostura bitters
- 4 dashes chocolate bitters
- thinly sliced fanned apple for garnish
Stir all ingredients in a glass over ice. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh cubed ice. Garnish with a thinly sliced fanned apple floating on top.